Sophy Books

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Guess what--a book about me!

Guess what! My mom made a book about me. She says it's for her son who has something called Down Syndrome. I don't quite understand but she says it's like a human puppy who is all grown up but still like a puppy in lots of ways.

Anyway, it's got lots of pictures of ME! My mom says lots of human puppies might like it but it's 'specially for those who don't quite grow up like regular ones do. She says it's easier for them to relate to photographs than to drawings and everything is something they can relate to.

Like I said, I don't really understand but my mom says she made it 'cuz there aren't books her son likes to read but he likes to read this one and it's all about ME! And it kind of makes her cry to see him want to read and grin when he gets that I make messes, too, just like he sometimes does and I like to look under the tree for presents, just like he does and....

My mom says to tell you it's not 'cuz he knows me, either, that he likes the book. He used to be mad at me 'cuz I get to live with mom and he is in a group home near his dad but now he likes me! He laughs now when mom tells him things I do and it's all 'cuz he likes the book and can see I'm like him in lots of ways and sometimes have a hard time, too.

If you want to see my book or if you know anybody who has someone like my mom's son who might like a book to read, here's the link to get it. It's even called  Sophy's Story.

And look--I'm on the cover!

2 comments:

Lorenza said...

Sophy!
I am so happy to know you are doing well!
Sure the book is going to be a hit!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

April said...

Thanks Lorenza! I hope so. I like to think of human puppies reading about me.
Woof!
Sophy