Sophy Books

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pet Blessing Day

My human took me to a pet blessing this morning. Right before we left for the pet blessing I was out in the back yard and I FOUND MUD!!! I came in to show my human and she made the funniest sound when I jumped up on her and then on the bed and ran all around the living room. I think the carpet looks prettier with my paw prints everywhere but she didn't seem very happy about it. And she wouldn't come play with me in the mud either.

I wore my new red harness to the pet blessing. I don't like my harness very much but my human says I tug too much without it plus now she can hook me to a seat belt and I can't try to climb in the front seat while she drives any more.


There were lots of other dogs at the pet blessing and I barked at every one of them! We stopped at the store on the way home to get me more food and I barked at every dog there, too! I don't understand why my human wouldn't let me off the leash to play with them. We could have had lots of fun running around the store together.

It was a really good day and I don't understand why my human used words I've never heard before or keeps rubbing her forehead and saying she could use a good shot of something called whiskey right now.

7 comments:

Raising Addie said...

Woof Woof Sophy!

That is cool that you got Blessed today. I am going next Saturday. I need all the help I can get.

Isn't mud the BEST thing ever to play with! I had to get a bath after I played in it.

This was a great post!
Have a great day!
Kisses
Addie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Sophy!
Sounds like you gave your human a very interesting day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Sophy

Wow, a pet blessing. That is really pawsome. Where do you go to get a pet blessing? Is it a regular church? Maybe Mom wouldn't stress over us so much if we were blessed. Anyway, mud is always fun, isn't it?

Desert Pups

Suka said...

hey Sophy,

I always wanted to be blessed but it has never worked out for me to go. I hope someday it will. That is pawsome you were blessed!

You sure had an exciting day! Mud is great fun, I just don't understand why humans don't see the joy in mud!

Too bad you couldn't run around the store with all the other doggies you were meeting. That would have been a fun time!

Suka

BenTheRotti said...

Hi Sophy,

I wanted to sniff over and bark hello. Your Mom e-mailed my Mom your "DWB what it means to me" post and I thought.. Hey!! Theres a pup I don't know yet!

I love Mud too, I like to decorate the house with it but Mum is never grateful! I have never heard of a pet blessing but they sound great!

Nice to meet you!

Ben xxxx

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Sophy,

Now that you've been blessed, does that mean you can really get into trouble? After all, don't you have the big dog upstairs looking out for you now?

Desert Pups

Anonymous said...

Addie,

Mud is soooo pawsome! But now I can't find any since my human did something in the backyard with stones and stuff.

Lorenza,

My human says every day is interesting with me! Isn't that great?

Desert Pups,

The blessing was in the garden at the church and they had biscuits for us and everything!

Suka,

Humans aren't very smart, are they? They don't seem to understand about fun at all!

Ben,

Hey, good to see you here! Woof! You decorate your house with mud, too? Pawsome!

Woof everyone!

Sophy