Sophy Books

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Another Dog


I like my human's daughter. She comes and plays with me sometimes. And it makes my human happy when she does. But she brought another human and another dog! First I thought it would be fun. But the other dog didn't want me nipping her and growled.

It was fun to run around in the yard but not fun when the other dog was going to play with one of my toys. I've never had my own toys before. What if she didn't give it back? Fortunately, my human seemed to understand and put my blanket and my toys in another room and closed the door.


Still, I got kind of worried. What if my human liked the other dog better than me? It's scary when you know that humans sometimes stop loving you and you have to go to a cage and don't know if another human will ever take you home.

But the other dog left with the humans and I had my human all alone again. That was good. And I got to have my toys all for me. I want to play again with other dogs. I just want to be sure my human isn't going to stop loving me—or give away my toys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sophy,
Remember you're safe. Your human wants only you. Unlike mine who has CATS who block me from my food and my human at times. Terrible things cats...

You're lucky to be an only dog who is obviously loved by your human.

Jaxon, the wandering beagle in CT and NY... my favorite place

April said...

Jaxon,

Cats? Cats???? Your owner lets the cats block you from your food and your humans? How appalling!

I must say that makes me feel better about my human. Mind you, I do find lizards and such around the house but I don't think my human even knows they're there and I do like chasing them.

Sophy